Sunday, 22 February 2009

Hungover Sunday morning

So I woke up this morning with my legs burning from yesterday's run and my shoulders burning from yesterday's climbing and my head burning from yesterday's wine drinking. As I comtemplated getting up, the thought of going swimming sounded worse than death so I decided to go out on my bike instead. Got up and looked out of the window to find it's snowing/sleeting/generally cold, icy, dangerous weather outside. So I am now a bit stuck. A rest day would be fine, but tomorrow lunchtime I have a German class and I have to go straight from work to our friends' for dinner. So I'm hoping the weather clears up a little later on today. And on Tuesday I'm supposed to go climbing but I may skip that and FINALLY go swimming instead. Starting to panic a bit that it's nearly March and I haven't made it into a swimming pool yet. Need to get into the water and get over this mental thing about swimming.

This week's been pretty damn good overall. My first time out on the bike last Sunday, when I completely underestimated how cold you get and underdressed and came home half frozen to death. On Tuesday I made a big leap in the climbing hall, climbing my first ever 6a climbs. Yesterday I ran around 6 km in 40 minutes, my first run over 30 mins. And I posted my first post on this blog. So I'm very happy with that. But triathlon training, not so much.