Instead I am inside, drinking coffee, with too much work to do. Oh well.
Here is a picture from the finish of the 10 km race on Saturday.
As you can see, I was very happy! I was so nervous at the start, but as soon as the gun went off I had the biggest smile on my face and I think it stayed there the whole way. I loved it! I'm running again! And I beat my PB (which was either 56 or 58 minutes, I can't remember...). My official time was 55:17. Not bad for an almost-middle aged mum who a few months ago couldn't run for 10 minutes! I'll write a full race report soon, because it was such a funny evening.
I also managed to fix my mountain bike and go out for a "recovery" ride yesterday. After all my whinging, of course, it took about 15 minutes to fix it. My quads were burning going up the hill and I felt like hell afterwards. I don't fully trust my bike though, I feel very insecure riding. I don't quite trust the brakes and I don't trust the gears, so I feel very tentative. No new bike yet , still working on that one.
My daughter has gone away for four days, and it's school holidays, so I'm planning deliciously quiet, guilt-free swims tonight and Wednesday. I'm pretty much terrified by how good things look right now. Am I feeling this fabulous because I'm getting fitter, because I'm doing something I love, because I'm not drinking? Who knows? If I could bottle this feeling I'd be a gazillionaire, but perhaps it's dangerous to question it too much. Bring it on!