Gah, I have been grumpy. Oh yes I have. I've been out of action with a definitely-not-swine-flu virus that started last Friday evening and knocked me out for almost a week. Spent much of Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday sleeping. I haven't been running since last Tuesday (10 days ago!), I haven't even touched my bike since my jaunt with the triathlon club and I can't even remember the last time I swam.
Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better today and starting to think that I can maybe give the Basel Bruggelauf (Bridge Run) a go on Sunday. It will be my first 10 mile race, and I've been looking forward to it for months. I had hoped to try for a decent time as well (my friend came in as 20-somethingth woman last year and I am nothing if not competitive) but now I'll be happy to finish. I think it may be exactly what I need to kickstart my training again. I miss it. And I need it.
Joe Friel reckons it takes two weeks before you start to actually lose fitness. Let's see if he's right….