So yesterday was the Rapperswil-Jona Half Ironman, which I intend doing in 2010. I don't usually like to plan things more than a few months ahead, because I always assume I won't be alive. I know, weird. Anyway, 70.3 miles is something you need to plan for in advance, no matter how much it freaks you out. I'm already thinking about what I need to focus on over the summer and over the off-season.
I will turn 35 years old in six months time, a birthday which for some reason is hanging heavy over me. It feels like halfway. But what better way to celebrate halfway to 70 than training for a half-ironman, right? And often, I feel like I'm only just beginning and everything that has happened so far was only the preparation for this moment, right now. My life rocks, when I let it.
In the meantime, it's five weeks to go until I lose my tri-virginity. I didn't train much over the weekend, just two 5 km runs and a very cold swim which made me so tired, I took a 2-hour nap. Ah, bliss! A neighbour looked very confused when she saw me go up to my bike, pat her on the saddle and explain that I didn't feel like taking her out really.
Am I going to swim in the unheated pool again today, even though it feels like winter outside? Probably, cos it really does make me feel like I'm a badass!