Thursday, 25 June 2009

Slacker!

Last night I had a crazy dream about my fast-approaching triathlon. One of those dreams where everyone is explaining everything in Swiss-German and I can't understand anything even though it's vital that I do (not an unusual occurrence around here), and then it all went wrong and I lost count of my lengths in the pool (even though it's an open water swim) and couldn't find my bike and was wearing the wrong clothes….you get the picture.

Anyway, I realized that, holy crap, it's 2 and half weeks to the race and I'm somehow NOT doing any training. What happened?

First we went to Luzern, which was only last week but feels like months ago. It was FABULOUS!! Really, really amazingly good. Yes, the trip I was so worried and nervous about! There was a lot of incredibly good food - honestly, I can't rave enough about the food - and drinking and an utterly luxurious hotel with a view over the lake and glorious weather, and far too much girlie-giggling. And a little bit of work!

The view from my window in one direction:
and looking out over the city and Pilatus in the other:
Proof that I wore a dress!

Then my mum visited and it was her birthday, so there was more eating and more drinking and more good times.

And there was some major stress to do with my daughter's passport, which is hopefully all sorted now.

Then there's work, which is eating a lot of my time right now because I have my eyes fixed on a better position. And some fun family stuff, like ballet performances (on a Sunday morning???) and Kindergarten visits....time is sucked into a black hole, never to be seen again.

But training, hmm, not so much. I didn't manage to swim in Lake Luzern, but I did manage to go out for a run round the lake while I was there.

Since I got back, I've only managed ONE RUN. ARGHGHGHGHGH. I've completely fallen out of any kind of routine and lost my momentum. It's too early to claim to be tapering (do you even need to taper for a sprint?). I need to get back into it, because if I've learned anything this year it's that getting out there for a run, bike or swim is what sorts my head out and lets me find out what it is that I really want.
Only today and tomorrow at work and then I'm on holiday for 2 weeks. Time to get my triathlete mojo back on.