Saturday, 9 May 2009

Shock Absorber, I love you!!!

On Wednesday, my shock absorber bikini arrived in the post. Oh YES I love love love it!! It really is just as fabulous as they say. Pictures may follow if you're lucky! For me, a bikini with top and bottoms both fitting me, at the same time, and which doesn't fall off when I actually go in the water and where none of my bits fall out when I move, this is the holy grail. I have biggish boobs and tiny hips, so when I try to buy a normal bikini where the top and bottom are bought together, the bottoms are always HUGE on me. I've only had one other bikini in my life that actually fit me well, and I had to go all the way to Miami to get that one (perhaps I have an American figure and not a British one - no one is less "pear-shaped" than me!). Here's a pic of The Bikini, with someone else inside:


My only minor, minor complaint about the Shock Absorber is that it is only produced in one colour so far. They describe it as slate/heather, but to me the heather looks suspiciously pink. I hope that lots and lots and LOTS of women buy them so that they decide to make some alternative colours. All the websites are listing this as a Bestseller already, and I had to wait for mine due to "unprecedented demand" so it looks like maybe I'm not the only desperate larger-boobed lady. Anyway, it's only the details that are pink and not the rest of it. It fits, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to try it out in the pool. I will give a full report when I do.

I'm not sure whether I would actually run in the top though, I prefer absolutely zero movement of the boobs when I run. So for a triathlon, it wouldn't really work, I'll need to wear my old Shock Absorber which holds my puppies in place. Yes, only Shock Absorber sports bras in Shazza's house, and I have to get them from the UK . Shock Absorber, I love you and all your fabulous sports bras!

I haven't managed to get any training at all for a week what with all the family drama, except for one bike commute to work. Now it's my turn to have a cold so I'm taking it really easy today. I have a 10 km race tomorrow which I've been really looking forward to because it's cross country in the forest, and because I'm excited to find out what it's like to race 10 km when it's NOT the longest distance I've ever run. If my cold stays in my head, I'll do it.

Man, my blog is girlie this week! Haircuts and bikinis?? WTF, did I actually turn into a girl? This must be what happens when I don't train. I've actually hardly even given triathlon a thought for a week, and I'm getting some withdrawal symptoms. But life's good, everyone seems to be getting better, and I'm heading back to bed for some warm, daughter cuddles. I don't think you can really have a "recovery week" when you train as little as I do, but when my body says "REST", that's what I need to do.