Friday, 29 May 2009

Six weeks to go!

So it's only six weeks to go until my first triathlon and I am so excited today that I am jumping out of my skin.

First, of course, I have fab, HOT hair and I'm secretly loving the attention. And finally, finally, everything seems to be coming together in the nick of time.

Swim - I've been swimming twice this week and it went so much better. Something has clicked a bit more and I managed 1000m yesterday without huffing and puffing like a smoker running for the bus. I realised I was subconsciously focusing on using my arms to keep my head up, rather than using them to move forwards. It's still very hit and miss - I get it for a few strokes and then it all breaks down again. But now I sort of know what it should feel like, I can use that feeling. I'm still slow - yesterday this guy in the lane next to me was doing this crazy double-armed backstroke splashing stroke, and he was still going almost at the same speed as me. I choose to believe that the speed will come by itself if I work on my technique....

Bike - my road bike is in the bike shop as we speak getting a service, new tyres and all that jazz. Going to over to the UK at the beginning of July, and will bring it back with me.

Run - I'm actually trying to ease off on my running and do shorter, faster runs. Today, the work inter-departmental relay, which is perfect speed practice as I'm running a 4 km leg.

Another long weekend coming up. I won't have much time, so I'm planning 2 swims and a bike/run brick.