Oh sorry that would be me. Yes, I am a total minger. I ran in a big thunderstorm on Tuesday, there was rain, there was mud, there was sweat and tears, there was squelching. Aftewards, I threw all my kit in my bag - shorts, sports bra, top, wet towel, socks. And to cap it all off, I put my running shoes in a plastic bag. And then I left it all there until today, when I wanted to run again.
It was bad. Really bad. Things were smelling.......foosty. And just to prove what a minger I am, I wore it all anyway. Luckily I was running on my own. I did have to draw the line at the shoes (which were still actually wet and possibly growing new life forms) and socks (which were frankly unspeakable). I had a spare pair of trainers at work, for just such a moment!
You'll be relieved to know it's all in the washing machine as we speak, apart from the shoes which are on the balcony scaring away small creatures. Need to be ready for my first ever 10 miler on Saturday.