Another great swim yesterday, and a 6 km run this evening that was certainly colder and possibly wetter than the swim. I feel as thought I've done nothing but eat chocolate and drink coffee and beer this week, kind of oozy and foggy. Breakfast this morning was Red Bull and chocolate. It's time to start seriously being kinder to my body if I want to train hard.
Less coffee, more green tea, No Red Bull, much more water, less chocolate, no beer. Simple really.
In fact I discovered two of my favourite bloggers through their posts on giving up coffee: Steve Pavlina and Christine Kane. Haven't managed it myself yet. It's on my list to do, purely and simply because I don't know who I am without caffeine. I've been drinking coffee since I can remember. I have no idea what life is without the buzz, the adrenaline, the cortisol. It could be interesting to find out. I'll write more on this topic in another post.
Going off to drink some more water right now, and take my multivits and fabulous St John's wort!