Went out for a run on Friday with colleagues from work. I've wanted to run with them ever since I started working there last May, but this is the first time I've been even vaguely fit enough. Last Saturday I ran around 6 km, so I thought I could handle the "gentle 8 km" through the forest and I was keen to get my long run out of the way before the weekend. I was a little nervous, because I know they're all keen runners, really fit.
Anyway, we set off and I realised that this was not going to be my idea of gentle. I'm not used to running with other people, and it's such a different experience. The run had hills, their pace was far faster than mine and it was LONG. By the end I was lagging pretty far behind, but I had to keep going, because I didn't know the way back! I ran all the way apart from walking up a hill at the very, very end and although I looked pretty pink and sweaty, I recovered quickly and didn't feel bad at all afterwards. I felt quite proud of myself!
The next day I felt really, really tired and sore though. Physically I had very little energy and my trip to the climbing wall was a struggle. I am taking a total rest day today, because I have a big fear of overtraining and getting ill. So no training AT ALL today, and the bike can wait until tomorrow.