So I took the "rest and recovery" stage of training to extremes on my lovely Day Off yesterday by staying in bed until 12 noon instead of going for a bike ride. And it was niiiiiiice. It backfired a little because then I couldn't get to sleep until 2 this morning, but that could have been thanks to the coffee I drank at 4 in the afternoon. It seems to have worked because the scratchy nose/throat-getting-a-cold feeling has gone away and I feel fine today. Except for the whole being back at work thing. Can't say I feel raring to go, but I can feel some kind of energy coming back.
Yesterday was children's day at Fasnacht and we had lots and lots of fun. Coming into work on the tram this morning was funny, because among the grumpy commuters there were scattered people in their Fasnacht outfits travelling home after a night of drinking and marching.
Works sucks today. It's beautiful outside, I don't want to be indoors. This is my dream - my own business, my own hours, working in the open, inspiring others.
I've had too much caffeine this morning and now I'm going to have some more... Out on the bike this evening.