Monday, 23 March 2009

Six bits of randomness

This post is incredibly random but I'm just too tired to turn it into anything resembling coherence. Welcome to the inside of my brain (evil laugh).

1. I told my husband yesterday that I'm giving up drinking until the triathlon, and he just laughed and said, don't even tell me that, I don't believe you for a second. Who can blame him? I've said it so many times before and the most I've ever lasted (apart from during pregnancy) was the 31 days of January 2008.

2. I'm giving up coffee too, not cold turkey though, sloooowwwwllyyyy. Yeah, yeah, EVERYONE's heard me say that one before. But I want to finally meet myself without ANY chemicals in my body or brain. I gave up caffeine completely for the first 3 months of pregnancy, but apart from that, I've been drinking coffee for as long as I can remember.

3. Good news today was that I saw on the tram that the first Velomarkt (bike sale) of the year is on April 11th and 12th. Perfect timing! I reckon I can fix my old bike too, now that I've looked again.

4. I work with the most incredibly kind, nice people in the world and normally this makes up for the total crappiness of my job. On days like today, it doesn't seem enough. I just don't want to spend the next 10 or 5 or even 2 years of my life working for a Pharma company, sitting on my butt at a desk and correcting other people's stupidity.

5. I'm trying to decide whether I am up to running a 10 km in a couple of weeks. The course is totally flat, and the field is big and not too fast. It would be a good way to step up the distance. Reckon I will. Don't have to sign up until the day, so I'll wait and see. I am also looking for a half-marathon sometime around end of summer or autumn, good preparation for the half-ironman I want to do next year.

6. Supposed to swim this evening but feel exhausted from my cycling/climbing yesterday. Really exhausted, not just can't-be-bothered. I'm also incredibly grumpy from hormones and work and tiredness and reducing caffeine. Coming home from work, none of the songs on my iPod were loud and angry enough and I just kept skipping almost everything except NIN and Rammstein. Tonight I'll be lucky if I stay awake long enough to see Dr. House. I hope he's at his most cross and acerbic tonight.